LoftOfSpace Community Guidelines
Maintaining LoftOfSpace as a healthy marketplace requires users to showcase their spaces, plan their events, and interact with other users in a cordial and professional manner. We rely on you to follow these guidelines to ensure the safety and well-being of all LoftOfSpace users, including yourself, when posting Content, communicating with other users, using Spaces, and making or accepting payments. These guidelines are a non-exhaustive list intended to give assurance to all our users.
We take violations of these Community Guidelines seriously and may suspend or terminate an Account for ongoing or serious violations. We may also moderate, remove, or edit any Content that violates these Community Guidelines or if we believe it adversely affects the integrity of LoftOfSpace or other users, and may add and remove elements of these Community Guidelines over time by posting an updated version to our website.
These Community Guidelines are part of and use words and phrases defined in the LoftOfSpace Services Agreement. If you have any questions about these Community Guidelines or if you believe that a user has violated these Community Guidelines, please contact us.
You must agree to these Community Guidelines, as part of the LoftOfSpace Services Agreement, to use the Platform and Services. Please read them carefully and only use the Platform or Services if you agree to abide by them.
- Comply with any Laws, including local zoning, permitting, or tax laws. Zoning and use restrictions are in place to protect people, including your Guests. You know your Space best and Guests trust that your Space is up to code, properly licensed, and safe.
- Accurately represent the nature, condition, and pricing of Spaces.Most Guests will not have seen your Space before their event. It’s important that you give them an accurate idea of what to expect. While we know you want to put your best foot forward, you should be realistic and honest about your Space. Guests should also have a realistic idea of the actual Booking costs and clearly list any services you provide for an additional cost. You may not list prices lower than what you intend to charge.
- Only offer Spaces that you’re permitted to Book.If you don’t own your Space or don’t have exclusive permission from a property owner to List it, then you are not permitted to List it on the Platform. If you are renting, and not the owner or manager of a Space, you may need to have proof of approval from the owner, manager, or other party of interest before you List it. You are welcome to List multiple Spaces but may not offer Spaces to Guests that are not Listed. Violations will be strictly enforced.
- Only offer Spaces that are ready to be booked with all the amenities listed.Hosts should not provide spaces that aren’t clean or don’t offer basic amenities such as restroom access, toilet paper, air conditioning or heating where available. You should not list spaces that aren’t stationary (e.g. boats, caravans, etc), or offer spaces that will be shared with others during a booking. Remember: The amenities added on the listing should be included in the hourly price. Items or services offered for an additional cost must be listed as an Add-On.
- Honor price and policies.Any rate charged to Guests through the Platform will be equal to or better than those made available through their own website or any third-party booking companies or other distribution channels.
- Practice COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures.Hosts must provide the items listed in the standard cleaning protocol for all bookings. If a Host has elected to provide any Enhanced COVID-19 Measures, they must provide accordingly. Hosts that do not abide by the COVID-19 Health & Safety measures may lose certain hosting privileges or have their account terminated.
- Use Spaces with respect and as described to Hosts.It is important that you are honest and do not misrepresent the intended use of a Space when Booking. It is up to the Hosts to determine how they want (or do not want) their Spaces used.
- Never store, transport, or possess hazardous material in a Space.This should go without saying but hazardous material can harm people and do permanent damage to Spaces. Bringing hazardous materials to a Space is not only dangerous but may be illegal, and you could face significant civil liability or criminal action for doing so.
- Be respectful and take good care of the space and amenities.Guests should not take property that isn’t theirs, use hosts’ property not included with the booking without their permission, or continue to occupy the space after the booking has concluded without prior approval from a host. Asking for permission ahead of time will limit potential disputes from occurring.
- Communicate with other users honestly.People trust Listings, comments about Spaces, and your communication with them. It’s important that you are clear and honest when you post. You may not use the Services to deceive or mislead people, post false or inaccurate statements, open multiple Accounts, or misrepresent who you are or your affiliations.
- Transact honestly.Users may only use the Platform to transact as provided for legitimate Bookings. Use of the Platform to conduct payment or other transactions offline, or attempting to transact when you know or believe the payment or payout is invalid, may result in suspension or termination of your Account or Fines.
- Respect other people’s information:You are only allowed to use the Content provided through the Platform as intended. You may not use or misuse Content from the Platform, images, or descriptions outside of the Platform. You may not harvest, scrape, or collect other information about our other users, such as names, phone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses or any other Content that is not publicly displayed in search results pages prior to a Booking confirmation.
- Use the Platform as Intended.The Platform is meant for Hosts to List and Guests to Book Spaces and third party or Host provided Vendor Services. You are not allowed to use the Platform to promote products or services other than your Space. You may not send unwanted messages or spam, promote use of a LoftOfSpace competitor, or use the Platform to communicate with users with no intention of Listing or Booking on the Platform. You may not Book Spaces in exchange for other services or goods in lieu of payment unless previously authorized by LoftOfSpace.
- Be responsive.You should be available to answer any questions related to a booking and reply promptly.
- Observe COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures.Most notably, while using a space, Hosts, Guests, Vendors, and attendees agree to maintain physical distance, wear masks/PPE, create ventilation by opening windows and doors, and wash their hands where possible. You should only use a space if you are healthy, have avoided recent contact with positive carriers of COVID-19, and are not exhibiting symptoms of sickness.
No one may:
- Discriminate against other users.Discrimination against any other users based on their race, sex, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected class is illegal and strictly prohibited on the Platform. If we believe that you have refused to transact with another user based on any of these, we may suspend or terminate your account immediately.
- Encourage or endorse illegal or dangerous behavior.You may not post Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activities, including obscene content or encouraging activity that may lead to harming other users. While use of marijuana is or may become legal in some jurisdictions, where it remains prohibited under national and / or local laws you, or your Guests may not grow, sell, distribute or use marijuana (or any other banned substances), in any Space that is Booked on the Platform.
- Harm, intimidate, or threaten Users.You are prohibited from doing anything that may harm or intimidate users, or interfere with their use or operation of the Platform. This includes threatening or harassing other users; posting undeserved or disproportionate reviews, or reviews that do not reflect your experience; attempting to extort other users for discounts or favorable reviews; or threatening legal action.
- Share personal or dispute information.For your protection, you may not share personal or sensitive information about yourself. This includes your home address, phone number, payment information, or other sensitive information that could lead to fraud or identity theft. This may be a safety risk to you and others. You may also not post any details about an ongoing dispute between you and another user.
- Harm, intimidate, harass, or threaten LoftOfSpace or our brand.Anyone threatening LoftOfSpace or our employees will be removed from the Platform and reported to law enforcement. You may not engage in behavior on the Platform or use LoftOfSpace marks or logos in a manner that violates the LoftOfSpace Service Agreement or harms, dilutes, or misuses our brand.
- Engage in any illegal activities.You are prohibited from hosting or engaging in illegal activity including but not limited to: sexual/physical assault, sexual abuse, harassment, robbery, human trafficking, kidnapping, or other acts of violence. LoftOfSpace will report all crimes and illegal activity to the proper authorities.
- Misrepresent themselves.No one should provide a false name, phone number, address, listing description, or event description. You shall not create a duplicate account after being suspended, or create an account if you’re under the age of 18.
- Violate others’ privacy.While there is a general expectation of host supervision of space during a booking to maintain safety standards, Hosts must disclose the use of any surveillance cameras in their space and surveillance cameras are not permitted in private areas such as bathrooms or dressing rooms. No one should spy on other people or go into restricted areas without express permission.
- Disturb neighbors or common areas.You should not utilize or damage common areas. You should obtain special permits where necessary and make parking arrangements as needed so that it does not impede the access of others in surrounding areas. You should not create a nuisance for those neighboring the space or others around you.